Thursday 5 January 2017

2016 in Review

While a stressful year in many respects, 2016 was quite a productive year for my crafts. I completed a total of 73 projects in the year. These ranged from simple mending (ugh!) to designing my own projects. As in recent years, I knitted a lot, ending 2016 with a total of 11 completed shawls, 2 hats, 2 doilies and 1 knitted castle. Only 3 of my projects were test knits this year as I wanted to be able to devote my time more to designing.

As I mentioned in my half year update, I was happy with the projects that I had completed at that time. Things became a bit more settled in the second half of the year and I was able to spend more of my time with my crafts.

My knitting in the second part of the year was just for my pleasure. I completed these shawls:
Hand Knit Shawls
And this nice warm beanie, just in time for the cooler weather!
Knitted Beanie

 I completed 2 more embroidered block for my 1930's Ladies quilt. Only 9 more to stitch!
Embroidered Ladies
I continued to make Granny Squares when I had a few minutes.
Crochet Granny Squares
I designed and released 6 new patterns, all of which are available in my Craftsy Store.
I have been overjoyed to be selling my original patterns. Each sale has given me so much pleasure. An enormous Thank You to each and every person who has purchased a pattern this year.
Kitty Cat Crafts Patterns

 As we got closer to Christmas, I wanted to add some festive feeling to the apartment. The Christmas Snowballs Set helped. I also made this easy wreath
Patchwork Wreath
after watching this YouTube video.

Then I was inspired by our weather here in Seattle and some houses in the neighborhood to make some Snowflakes to decorate our windows. I was inspired by this lovely leaflet to crochet snowflakes! I have not crocheted much for years, so was a bit rusty. Once I got started, I enjoyed it so much that I made every one in the leaflet!
Crochet Snowflakes
Now it is time to think about new projects for 2017, new designs and conquering the ever present pile of UFO's!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment