Tuesday 13 February 2018

Heart Tree


This past Christmas, I bought a tiny living Cyprus tree to use as a Christmas tree. It is really tiny, only about 18 inches tall and I don't have many decorations made (yet...). So at Christmas, my tiny tree looked like this:
Then when it was time to put the Christmas things away, the poor tree looked very plain. As it is still Winter, I decided to leave all of the crochet snowflakes on the tree.
This made me happy. I think that I will make some more snowflakes ready for next year though. Then, over the last few days, I was browsing Pinterest to find some heart designs to make my little tree a Heart Tree for Valentine's day. As I am enjoying crochet at the moment, I searched for Crochet Hearts and fell down that rabbit hole for a while. I found this cute crochet heart, complete with chart.
In my thread stash, I had these pretty Lizbeth crochet threads in both size 10 and size 20. 
I picked up my trusty crochet hooks, using a size 1.5mm for the size 10 thread.
 And a 1.25mm for the finer size 20 thread.
 The chart was pretty easy for me to figure out and a short time later, I had some pretty hearts.
 They looked pretty good to me straight off the hook, so I didn't block them and wove in the ends to form the hanger. Now they are making my tiny tree pretty!
 Together with the Loving Hearts Door Hanger that I made last year, they are bringing some love and colour to my apartment.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment