Sunday 11 January 2015

2014 Crafting Summary

I think that I had a pretty crafty 2014. I completed a total of 52 projects in 10 different crafts over the course of the year. These crafts were Knitting, Patchwork, Quilting, Embroidery (by hand), Machine Embroidery (computerised), Bead Work, Felting, Free-motion Machine Embroidery, Dressmaking and Mending (I class this as a separate, unloved craft from Dressmaking).
December and January were my most productive months, completing a massive 12 projects in December and 8 in January. I had a bit of a mid-year slump, completing no projects in July and only 1 project in June. Over the course of the year, I managed to complete 5 UFO's (UnFinished Objects) from my list. Most of these were projects that were started in 2013, one was started in 2008! Here's some that I have photos of:
The top left photo is my Fantasy Floral Project Roll, the bottom left is my Fairy Homes Crochet Hook Storage Castle and the right photo is my Boo Humbug stole.

A total of 9 of my craft projects were made as gifts for family and friends. This was one reason for the rush of projects in December as I made 4 of my Christmas gifts. The projects in this collage were all gifts in 2014:

 The top left photo is a quilted and appliqued coathanger cover for Jacquie, the bottom left is Frangipani Shawl for my Mum, the top right is Spirit of Friendship Shawl for Helen and the bottom right is Bitty Bird Pincushion for Shanan.

From September to December, I was kept busy completing the 10 (yes10!) projects for the Sulky Magical Thread Art Certified Teacher Training online course. This was run through Craft University and is a great course. If you sew or quilt at all, this course will inspire and challenge you, improving your skills and teaching you new ones as you complete the projects. I have hardly completed any patchwork or quilted projects in recent years and this course has motivated me to sew again. These are my 10 projects:

 The projects include 5 wall hangings, 2 mounted wall art pieces, a placemat, a candle mat and a 3-dimensional fabric sculpture (which is way easier than it sounds).

Oh and I also learnt how to use my collage app on my iPad. Do you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment